Friday, July 6, 2012

Awesome and Getting Awesome-r

No matter how mature/knowledgeable/wise we get, we can always learn more, right? I figure, everyone has something to work on even when they're already awesome. And frankly, how many of us actually believe we're awesome, even when others tell us we are? So here are some things that I'm working on right now, and maybe you are too. Or maybe you've already got these things down, and you're working on other stuff - I know I don't have much of a following yet (haha, last time I checked it was ZERO! It's a new blog) but hey, you're reading it now! So tell me what you're working on, if you want, in the comments.

My list:
  • actually making an effort to meet someone fantastic instead of just bemoaning that my job doesn't offer opportunities to do so.
  • not being self conscious, and just having fun.
  • not leaving crafty messes behind me (or any other sort, but we'll start there, haha).
  • cutting out refined foods as much as possible, and not eating gluten. Possibly avoiding corn again too.
  • Saying yes when invited to go somewhere or do something, even if it's out of my comfort zone.
  • knowing what my time is worth and how I want to spend it. (see bullets 1, 2 and 5, lol)
And I think that's a good starting place. It sounds like a lot, but some of them I already have a good handle on and some are just a matter of letting go of my inner control freak! Too bad I can't keep it around just for the mess aspect, right?
So here's to always getting better and yet still believing we're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment