Monday, July 2, 2012

Introduction

This is my very first post on Megan's Nest. I write a blog for my school, but I decided I needed a forum where I could post opinions that the school might not want to endorse (for fear of alienating people). I also might want to talk about something other than Montessori (gasp!). So when I saw the contest hosted over at Dollar Store Crafts, I decided now was the time! I have three projects to enter, but I'll post them separately.
For now, I'll do just a short introduction of myself.
My name is Megan (duh), and I am a Montessori toddler teacher. I'm finishing up my AMI training for birth to age three, and I'm already trained for 3-6. I love to craft but I'm not very patient and I like projects that I can finish in one sitting. This means that I will probably never post a tutorial for a long project. I will, however, probably post a lot of tutorials for Montessori materials.
 I do not have children yet but it is my fondest desire. I am an advocate for breastfeeding, gentle discipline, and the child's right to independence. I am strongly opposed to circumcision, spanking, and screen time for children under six. I will probably write about these things at one point or another; if you disagree with me please comment respectfully or not at all.
That's about it, for now. Check out my next post for a bathroom jewelry holder tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment