Monday, July 2, 2012

Decorative Frame (Semi-Tutorial)

This is a one of the decorated frames I made last summer when I was in another state and homesick for my friends. If you don't like any of the pre-matted frames, you can also buy photo mats there and pair them with whichever frame you do like. I'm linking this one up to the Dollar Store Crafts contest, too.


Materials:
A pre-matted frame
A set (or two) of letter stickers
(I used the kind for your wall)
Several matching dot stickers
(from my stash but I'm sure they have some that would work at the dollar store)
A piece of black poster board
A photograph 
(the Dollar Tree sells photo paper in two sizes)




This was super simple. First I decided what picture to use and what message would match it. My photo was smaller than the matting because I got it off of Facebook, so I backed it with a piece of black poster board that I cut to size. I was disappointed at first but now I really like the way it looks! 
I spelled out my message on the glass, re-positioning the letters as needed. Since they're the kind for your wall, they were really easy to move around until I got the placement just right.
Finally I used silver dot stickers that I got on clearance to decorate the corners. I actually made five of these and arranged them together on my wall - it turned out looking awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment